Updated on January 13, 2019
Hawaii Is A Paradise – Not Just For Tourists, But For Massages
Massage is no not anymore confined inclassy health clubs or luxury spas. In today’s setting, this therapy is offered in clinics, businesses, hospitals and even in airports. If you haven’t tried indulging yourself in one, learn here about its many health benefits that you have missed and what can be expectedin a therapy massage session particularly massage in Waikiki.
What is massage?
Massage is the pressing, rubbing as well as manipulating parts of your body to target muscles, ligaments and tendons. Massage ranges from light strokes to deep pressure. Massage has different types and here are some of the most common:
- Deep massage.This technique uses slow and forceful strokes targeting the deeper muscle layers and the connective tissues, commonly used to help damaged muscle due to injuries.
- Trigger-point massage.This massage centers on areas with tight muscle fibers that are formed in overuse or when injured.
- Sports massage.This is comparable to the Swedish massage, but it is geared towards people who are involved in sport activities to help treat or prevent injuries.
- Swedish massage.This is a more gentle form that uses longer strokes like kneading, deep circulating movements, vibration and tapping techniques to help energize and relax the body.
The Benefits of a Massage
Massage is generally a part of integrative and complementary medicine. It is offered along with the standard treatment of a wide range of medical situations and conditions. In studies it is an effective stress reducing treatment as well as treating muscle tensions and pain.
Though there are more researches that are still needed to validate the benefits of massage, a handful of studies have confirmed how massage help in:
- Anxiety Disorders
- Digestive Concerns
- Insomnia relating to stress
- Injuries due to sports
- Myofascial-pain syndrome
- Soft tissue injuries or strains
- Temporal-mandibular joint pain
On top of those mentioned health benefits on specific conditions, massage is a sheer enjoyment to most people as it produces great feelings of comfort, care and connection.