Updated on December 20, 2018
Pros And Cons Of Testosterone Therapy
The level of testosterone in men is something important knowing that this can affect their social life and overall health. However, when men start to get older the amount of testosterone in their body tends to decline. You have to look for effective ways on how you can be able to improve your testosterone level without experiencing negative effects.
Is It A Good Idea to Try Testosterone Therapy?
If you are having troubles in maintaining your testosterone level, then you can possibly think of going through a testosterone therapy in the UK. However, before you undergo such procedure, it is best that you are aware of its pros and cons such as the ones listed below.
- Testosterone therapy can improve the mineral density of the bone. It can make your bones stronger thus keeping you away from acquiring injuries.
- The therapy can also improve the level of hemoglobin in the body which is essential to people who are suffering from anemia.
- The therapy can provide instant effects wherein you can already experience intense libido.
- By increasing the level of testosterone through therapy, you can expect having a better mood from day to day.
- The therapy can somehow expose a person to cardiac risk. It is because the arterial walls will get damaged and will also lessen the elasticity of the arteries.
- The therapy is said to worsen the symptoms of sleep apnea.
- Testosterone therapy can increase the level of red blood cells that could lead to stroke.
Understanding the pros and cons of the therapy will help you decide whether to acquire the procedure or not. It is also advisable that you look for a trusted physician who will provide you the therapy and will explain everything you should know to have an idea what you can expect